Mar 29, 2019
- Wabash Valley College Warriors nabbed the lead late in the game in an 18-6 victory over Kaskaskia College Blue Devils on Thursday. The game was tied at six with WVC batting in the bottom of the sixth when Brian Fuentes doubled on a 1-0 count, scoring one run.
- The Warriors were boosted by Cael Baker who went 5-for-5 at the plate. Baker homered in the first, doubled in the second, singled in the fourth, homered in the sixth, and singled in the seventh.
- Wabash Valley College Warriors opened up scoring in the first inning, when Fuentes homered on a 3-2 count, scoring two runs.
- Wabash Valley College put up nine runs in the seventh inning batters contributing to the big inning included Manny Gonzalez, Noah Myers, Richardson, and Freylin Mineyte, all driving in runs in the inning.
- Antoine Kelly was credited with the victory for Wabash Valley College Warriors . He went four innings, allowing four runs on three hits, striking out ten and walking one. Cj Weins and Mason Vinyard entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief. Weins recorded the last five outs to earn the save for.
- Boles took the loss for Kaskaskia College Blue Devils. He went six innings, allowing 12 runs on 14 hits and striking out three.
- The Warriors socked six home runs on the day. Fuentes had a four bagger in the first inning. Myers went deep in the seventh inning. Baker had a long ball in the first and sixth innings. Mineyte went yard in the seventh inning. Richardson went deep in the third inning.
- The Warriors tallied 18 hits on the day. Baker, Mineyte, Fuentes, Richardson, Savier Pinales, and Myers all had multiple hits. Baker went 5-for-5 at the plate to lead Wabash in hits.